The question remains though, how does Turboganic My Garden® stack up against other plant growth products – even the huge, big name national brands?
Chemical Fertilizers - The Truth
Just take a look at the labels of most commercial fertilizers, you’ll see the basic compound is urea.
- Urea is synthetically produced and can be toxic to plants, causing seed germination failure and damage to plant cells.
- Urea dissolves quickly in soil displacing vital oxygen for plant roots.
- Long-term use is hazardous on soil and water tables.
Other listed ingredients are extremely basic and don’t contain a broad range of nutrients for optimal growth.
Even the highly advertised “miracle” plant foods and fertilizers leave much to be desired.
- Same Basic Compounds: Almost all of these products have the same basic compounds with different ratios of “NPK” (nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium), along with a sprinkling of trace elements, such as copper, iron, manganese, molybdenum, and zinc. If you take a look at each of their “specialized” plant blends, they are little more than the same basic ingredients – just slightly rearranged.
- Toxic Elements: Content labeling leaves off other elements considered toxic, such as various phosphates. Phosphates have been banned in the US, but giant fertilizer companies are able to use phosphorous compounds not on the toxic list. However, once their compounds are blended with water, they still create phosphates - which end up in our water supply.
- EDTA: Banned in Canada and most of Europe because of its toxicity. In the USA, many fertilizer companies use EDTA as a chelating agent, attempting to make the nutrients more available to plants. The problem? It really doesn’t work very well in the soil.
- Chemical Overload: The synthetic chemical overload in many of these national brands create salt compound residues that actually kill off bacteria, harden the soil, and retard plants from absorbing vital nutrients.
Most popular organic plant and animal-based fertilizers include a variety of commonly used sources. Yes, most of the organic compounds used are all good and serve a purpose. But contrary to widely-held opinion, they are far from complete.
Here are some of the major problems…
- Composts: Composts sound great, until you consider that compost and compost teas are only as good as the soils they come from! If the originals soils are nutrient depleted, the compost won’t be much better, other than helping to aerate the soil and retain moisture.
- Fish Waste: Again, a very good source of nutrients – until you remember that one huge problem associated with fish is mercury residue – which if present will eventually find its way into the soil during decomposition.
- Livestock Manure: May be connected to E. coli bacteria if improperly composted. Also, the compost value for gardening is directly dependent upon the soil nutrients from which the animal plant feed was originally grown.
- Wood Ashes: A good source of potassium, but may contain toxic metals and non-metals. If improperly balanced, wood ash can also cause the soil to become more alkaline than desired.
- Worm Castings: Yes, worm castings can provide an excellent nutrient base - but if the soil foods aren’t very good to begin with, neither will the worm castings.
- Blood, Bone and Feather Meal: All very good to excellent, but you have to be patient, as they can take up to a year or more to break down and start delivering the nutrients to the soils and plants.
- Saw Dust, Straw, Wood Shavings, Grass Clippings, Leaves: Unless they are properly decomposed before adding them to the soil, these may actually be counterproductive because they can absorb and hold nitrogen and other nutrients from your plants.
(And by the way, Turboganic My Garden® will speed up the bacterial action and enhance the nutrient load of ANY of these composting & fertilizing activities!)
Turboganic My Garden®
No Finer Plant Food On Planet Earth
Even if they are properly decomposed, when compared to Turboganic My Garden® none of the above inorganic or organic sources provide anywhere near the complete spectrum of plant mega-nutrients - while at the same time providing a rich food source for incredibly healthy and critically important soil bacteria!
Turboganic My Garden® will replace and synergistically increase the missing nutrients in your garden, regardless of the soil condition.
Take the guess work out of trying to figure out what your garden needs – it’s all found in this one product, when your plants need it!
What could be easier and more convenient?